What is ResearchMatch?
ResearchMatch is a national volunteer research registry that brings together researchers and willing volunteers who are interested in participating in research studies.
This national registry, developed by institutions affiliated with the National Institute of Health’s Clinical and Translational Science Awards, provides a confidential and secure web-based approach to helping families learn more about specific research studies at Children’s National.
How Does ResearchMatch Work?
- Register for ResearchMatch! It’s quick, easy, and free – it only takes 5 to 10 minutes
- Volunteers of any age, race, ethnicity and health status are invited to join
- By registering with ResearchMatch you are not registering to participate in a study. You are registering your interest to be contacted about studies that may be a good “match” for you.
- The goal of ResearchMatch is to better connect volunteers with potential study opportunities, but we cannot guarantee that you will be “matched” with a study
Is ResearchMatch for My Child?
Anyone in the United States can join ResearchMatch. It is for all people of all ages.
For parents and guardians with children under the age of 19, ResearchMatch has been developed to be a safe, secure, and easy way to learn about research at Children’s National.
You and your child may benefit from joining ResearchMatch as it may:
- Be easier and take less time than you may already be spending searching for research studies that your child is eligible for
- Improve the chances of matching your child with research studies that are appropriate for their disease and/or condition
- Get you involved in a national group of volunteers that may help improve the positive health impact of future research for everyone
For More Information
- Learn more about ResearchMatch at the ResearchMatch FAQ page
- Learn more about the CTSA and NIH sponsored research
- Learn more about Children’s National and the fascinating work we do involving research.
Disclaimer: The goal of ResearchMatch is to better connect volunteers with potential study opportunities. By registering for ResearchMatch individuals are not registering to participate in a study. Although registration simply shows your interest to be contacted about studies that may be a good “match” for your child, we encourage you to speak with your family pediatrician about any study in which you express interest.
ResearchMatch is a Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) initiative funded by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, part of the National Institutes of Health.