The PowerTrials Prescreening function enables a Principal Investigator/Coordinator (PI/CRC) to search Children’s National’s electronic medical record, PowerChart, for potential research participants using pre-established recruitment criteria. As part of this process the Bear Institute and PowerTrials team will work with the PI/CRC to build a Prescreening Rule based upon specific research inclusion/exclusion criteria. PowerTrials supports recruitment efforts by identifying the best suited patients within PowerChart for a particular research study.
PowerTrials Prescreening functionality limits study patient Information to IRB approved study users only. Access to PowerTrials Prescreening functionality is also limited strictly to Children’s National investigators, healthcare providers, and study nurses/coordinators.
For more information regarding the PowerTrials Prescreening Function please see the following documents:
- Introduction to Prescreening Function
- Participant Management and Pre Screen Function Procedure for New Studies
- Participant Management and Pre Screen Function Procedure for Study Amendment
- Obtaining Access to the Patient Protocol Manager (PPManager)
- Utilizing the PPM Application to Run Prescreenng Rule
- Dual Position