THE CTSI-CN ANNOUNCES A CALL FOR VOUCHER APPLICATIONS SPECIFIC FOR COVID-19 RESEARCH
Awards of up to $2K each are available for projects that propose innovative, high-impact studies related to any area of research directly relevant to COVID-19.
This call for applications is to specifically assist investigators in developing resources and/or preliminary data to facilitate hypothesis-driven research that will allow them to participate in upcoming funding initiatives. Research may be from one individual investigator or may utilize any combination of academic labs, clinical partners, industry or foundations. All faculty are eligible.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize CTSI-CN resources for research support such as:
- Informatics: Support for leverage of National Center for Data to Health (CD2H) resources (cd2h.org)
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology & Research Design (BERD): Assistance with study design and analysis
- Community Engagement or Special Populations: Strategies for recruitment from specific populations
- Collaboration and Multidisciplinary Team Science: Assistance with team creation and support
- Regulatory Knowledge & Support
- Innovations in Clinical Trials or Enhancing Clinical Trial Recruitment
Projects MUST be shovel-ready. If needed, IRB (for human subjects research) or IACUC (for research involving animals) approval MUST be granted by the time of start of funding. Vouchers will not be awarded unless required approvals have been granted.
Funds will be rapidly deployed, and should be used within 2 months of receipt. Awardees must strategize accordingly, as no extensions are allowed.
Voucher funds may NOT be used for consultants, faculty salaries, student stipends, travel, publication fees, or computer hardware. Applications are limited to 2 pages (Ariel, 11 point font). Applications should include: 1) title 2) abbreviated budget, 3) timeline and 4) brief description of the project in NIH format (intro, significance, innovation, aim(s), research plan).