What is this resource?
The CTSI-CN Biorepository provides assistance in the setup, logistics, collection, processing and storage of specimens for biobanking purposes.
The types of specimens that we currently process and store include:
- Whole blood
- Buccal swabs
- Buffy coat
CTSI-CN biobanking services include:
- Specimen collection
- Specimen processing (e.g.,. DNA extraction) and storage at the Participant and Clinical Interactions (PCI) / Clinical Research Unit (CRU) for biospecimens collected in accordance to approved IRB protocols
- Database management including data entry, sample location, related clinical information and specimen recovery
- Coordinate future sample analyses with the Proteomics Genomics Core lab at Children’s National
Our lab facility follows strict Standard Operating Procedures for sample collection & processing, DNA extraction, sample storage, location and recovery.
- Prospective biospecimen collection to fulfill investigator needs for IRB-approved protocols
- Storage for biospecimens collected by investigators under IRB-approved protocols. Stored biospecimens belong solely to the investigator
- Software tools (Freezer Pro) for sample log, sample data entry, bar coding and location
Who can use this resource?
All Children’s National Health System research investigators can utilize the CTSI-CN Biorepository.
How much does access to this resource cost?
Usage of the CTSI-CN Biorepository is offered at reasonable cost. To see the price associated with this service or other CTSI-CN resources, please visit the SPARC Request portal.
How do I access this resource?
To request CTSI-CN Biorepository services, please arrange for a consultation meeting via the SPARC Request portal.
Who should I contact for more information?
For questions regarding the CTSI-CN Biorepository or to arrange a tour, please request a consultation via our SPARC Request portal.