The CSR is a service node for clinical and translational research (CTR) at Children’s National. The CSR encompasses a variety of resources and services divided into sub-components. Each sub-component provides specialized services for investigators/research staff and their clinical research protocols.
- 9 out-patient beds
- 5 in-patient beds
- 3 infusion chairs
- 1 procedure room
- 1 exam room
- 1 room for sleep-related studies.
The CSR offers support in the following areas:
- Clinical Research Nursing Support at the CSR and in-hospital Services: Drug infusions, PK testing, Metabolic Testing, Physical Exams, Vitals, Blood Collection, Sample Processing and Shipping, Medication Administration, and Comprehensive Muscle Testing
- Laboratory Support: Sample Processing, Storage and Shipment, and DNA/RNA Extraction Services
- Study Coordination and Regulatory Submissions Support: Study coordination, pre-award and post-award support
- Cardiovascular Testing: ECG, Telemetry, Ambulatory BP, and Pulse oxymetry
- Exercise physiology/Metabolic: Bioelectrical impedance, BodPod, Exhaled nitric oxide analyzer, Metabolic cart, Resting metabolic rate equipment, Treadmill equipment, Strength testing equipment for large muscle groups, and Calorimetry equipment.
- Bionutrition: Food records, meal study capabilities, diet education and menu planning
REQUEST CSR SUPPORT HERE.
- Specimen Management SOP (version date: 10/10/14)
- Study Drug-Medication Incident Report SOP (version date: 02/10/14)