Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics (DEB) Component
DEB’s mission is to provide clinical and translational investigators with study design support from the epidemiological and statistical perspectives as well as statistical analysis planning and conduct, interpretation of results, and dissemination for translational research studies that fall within the research spectrum (T1, T2, T3, T4).
- Biostatistical analysis and epidemiological support
- Training in study design and development, database development and data management
- REDCap support
The DEB Component is structured to provide assistance for both Children's National and GW-based investigators. For clinical and translational research projects eligible for support under the CTSI-CN, you should make a request by sending an email to DEB leadership regardless of your home institution. DEB support is typically provided through the affiliated faculty/staff at your home institution. However, in order to best match investigator needs with faculty/staff availability and expertise, we will occasionally assign projects at faculty/staff who are not based on your home institution
REQUEST DEB SUPPORT HERE.
To be eligible to receive support subsidized by the CTSI-CN:
- Join the CTSI-CN, if you are not already a member. To do so, visit www.ctsicn.org, click the JOIN button (upper right corner) and enter your contact information
- Confirm that your project is translational science, and provide the level of translation according to the definitions provided above (T1, T2, T3, T4)
- Confirm that the intent of the project is to produce generalizable and scientifically publishable results